In the meantime Disney has some great printouts for you and your kiddos to color. Just click the photo below and it will bring you right to them.
If there’s is one type of food that I could live off of for the rest of my life it would be salads. I love salads. I love creating salads and the options are practically limitless. One could possibly say they actually are limitless. Since discovering a particular salad dressing a few years ago Chinese Chicken Salad quickly climbed my list of all time favorite salads. I may have even eaten four of this particular salads last week. What I really enjoy about it is the light yet full flavor of the salad, and I especially love how healthy it is.
Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2-3 chicken breast
- Romain lettuce
- Spring mix
- Cabbage (Purple or Green)
- Green onions
- Green olives (optional)
- Hearts of palm (optional)
- Crispy chow mein noodles
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Onion powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Annie’s Shitake Sesame Dressing
- Cook the chicken in the sesame and olive oil until done
- Season the chicken when it’s almost done with your dry ingredients (garlic salt, onion powder and a bit of cayenne pepper)
- While that’s cooking finely chop up the lettuce, spring mix and the cabbage as well as the rest of your veggies (onion, olives and hearts of palm)
- Toss it all together in a bowl and top with the crispy noodles
- Slice your chicken (you can do it all pretty or chopped) and place on top of the lettuce
- Now top your salad with Annie’s Shitake Sesame dressing
HUGE Congrats to the winner, commenter #11…Carissa Rogers!
I received a case to facilitate my review
I love seeing my kids artwork and having three children I am never short of it. When my daughters art was picked for the cities All-City & Faculty Art Show I was beyond proud, elated. My daughter and I visited her art and it was the cutest thing ever to see her reaction in seeing her art project on display with the rest of the schools out here. So when I was approached about doing a review for Uncommon which specializes in making cases for your iPhones and iPads with your children’s art I had to do it. What better way to cherish my child’s art then having it on display for years to come!
UnCommon offers many different designs, either pre-made or one’s you can make yourself with your photos. You can make cases for iPhones, iPods and iPads. They also offer deflector covers for MacBooks and screen cloths too. Prices vary depending on the type of device you choose and design but they’re pretty affordable. Seeing as some of us change cases for our phone’s and iPads more often then we change purses that’s a huge plus.
Using their website is easy as pie. Once you have created an account simply upload and image and then select “Customize & Buy”. From there it will show your image on the device of your choosing. Make sure to choose an image that will fill the screen around the dotted lines as that is the recommended area for your design to look it’s best. The entire process is pain free and fast. Once you have this step done simply add it to your cart and check out.
I personally love that I now get to carry around my daughters art work on my iPad. And yes I totally show it off just so they can see her art.
- Visit GetUncommon.com and let me know which design you would choose if you won and if you have a specific piece of art already in mind.
- Share the YouTube video above and leave a link here of where you shared the video
- Tweet about the giveaway and leave a link of your tweet
Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese Month? If not for shame! An entire month dedicated to the wonderful ooey gooey goodness that we call the grilled cheese. Yum. The best thing about a grilled cheese is that the possibilities are literally endless. Today I was craving something gooey and I wanted bacon with it. What else could I do but make a BLT Grilled Cheese.
BLT Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Two pieces of Udi’s Millet Chia bread
- Two slices of Gouda
- One slice of Sharp Cheddar
- Spring Greens
- Two pieces of Turkey Bacon
- Cook your two pieces of turkey bacon to the desired crispness and set aside
- Butter both sides of the bread and place in a pan over medium/low heat.
- Place cheese on each slice of bread (I do both at the same time that way you aren’t waiting on a piece of bread to get cooked while the other gets cold)
- Allow the cheese to melt and the bread to become nice and golden brown
- Remove from heat and start your layering with the Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
- Close your sandwich and bite into the crispy gooey goodness
The fact that you can satisfy two cravings in one with this sandwich makes it a winner in my book, I mean honestly folks anything with bacon is going to be awesome. But what I love is that you aren’t killing yourself with fat here because it’s Turkey Bacon and you do have some veggies so it’s a well rounded meal. At least that’s what I told myself as I scarfed this bad boy down.
One of the things I love most about Spring time is the blooming of new life. The grass gets green again, the birds come back and bring with them new babies and the flowers and tress bloom as if there is no tomorrow. It’s a beautiful time of the year don’t you think?
The Bonafide Life, Better in Bulk, From Dates to Diapers, Not Your Momblog, The Divine Miss Mommy, Colorado Moms, Rajean Blomquist, High Impact Mom, BrainFoggles, The Centsible Life, Rachel Ferrucci, Lil Kid Things, Resourceful Mommy and Zensible Mama and don’t forget to link your own photo stories.
Thank you to Sittercity for sponsoring this post. Click here to download
the current beta version of Sittercity's free Sitterati app on your iPhone and let them know
what you think in the app store.
Moms are as a whole very busy. Not only do we run the house but we take care of our kids, our husbands, if we have time…ourselves, oh and don’t forget about any pets you may have, baseball practice, dance, karate. Add on top of that working full time, part time or even from home and life can get over whelming. Arranging for a sitter to watch your kids should be something that is easy, non stressful and relatively painless right?
Let me introduce you to Sitterati. A new app that keeps all of your babysitters in ONE place. Setting up an account is takes less then five minutes and you can use your Facebook account to make it even easier. Once you set up your account you can create jobs to send to all of your babysitters at once and schedule them through the app. You can also pay your sitter directly from the app. No more worrying about having enough cash on you or turning around as you pull into your driveway because you just realized you forgot to get cash (yeah I’ve totally done that, twice).
So you’re ready for a night out with your husband, here’s what you do.
- Text your babysitter(s) with an invite to Sitterati
- Enter your credit card information so you’re all squared away on payment
- Post the job
- When a babysitter responds you will receive a confirmation from them that they will take the job
- Go out and enjoy a night on the town!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member Clever Girls Collective, the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Iron Man 3 LEGO posters are now available people! Uh wait, did you say LEGO? Why yes…yes I did. My boys and I are so excited for Iron Man 3. I am not sure who is more excited about it. I have my suspicions that it may in fact be me since I don’t see them dancing around on their tippy toes whenever a new trailer is released. Although they both do sit with me as we watch said trailer five times with the volume all the way up.
Iron Man 3 + LEGO = WINNING!
I am sorry friends Instagram is not on the BlackBerry market just yet….but I have a way around that while we wait for it to come out. And it’s really easy, just three short steps and you’ll have on your phone. There is a kicker though. You can view everyone’s photos that you follow, go through and like them, see their profiles as well as yours but since it is web based you cannot upload photos through it. I know it’s a real bummer but if you absolutely need your Instagram fix this is the only way I have found around it for the time being.
1. Go to Instagram.com on your BlackBerry Z10 and log into your account.
2. Press menu (the three small dots in the lower right hand corner) and select “Add to Home Screen”.
I am tickled fancy that I was chosen to do another round with Verizon Wireless and be an Ambassador. This time around we were given a BlackBerry Z10 for review. Now I have never used a BlackBerry phone. My husband had one back in the day (I love saying that even though it was only like five or six years ago) and he loved it. I tried using it a few times but it was very blah for me. I Just couldn’t get into it so I steered clear and stuck with my LG phones. Well now that I have been using this BlackBerry for a week I am wondering what was I thinking!
I’m just going to start out with a few key points that immediately attracted me to the Z10.
- Sleek design
- Light weight
- Cover on the back of the phone that comes off to remove the battery, SIM card and SD card
- Graphics are awesome
- The keyboard is the bomb, yes I said the bomb. It’s seamless and has many features that I think all phones should have
- There is no home button, I know at first I was very thrown off by this but I actually like that there’s still a simple way to return to the home screen
So there’s a little sneak peak into my initial thoughts on the BlackBerry Z10. I am really looking forward to delving in and telling you all about this fancy schmancy phone. And trust me, it is fancy!
Making dinner should be an enjoyable process. Not something us Moms stress over, so when I don’t feel like making a big meal or just plain don’t feel like cooking I try to do my simple meals so we don’t eat out. You really can’t get any easier then meatball sandwiches. Most of it is just prepping/putting together the food and it’s only four ingredients which you can choose relatively healthy options here. And as an added bonus it’s one of my kids favorites. Something easy and the kids love it…it’s a win win!
Organic Pizza Sauce (I chose pizza sauce because it has a bit more oomph then plain tomato sauce)
Meatballs (I usually do turkey meatballs but they were all out at the market today)
Cut the hoagie lengthwise but not all the way through (you still want it attached so it doesn’t fall apart
Pile on your cooked meatballs
Pour on as little or as much sauce as you like
Bake in the toaster oven for approximately 5 minutes or in a conventional oven at 400 degrees for 5 minutes (just enough time to warm the sauce & toast the hoagie)
Pull out of oven and top with cheese (don’t worry the cheese will melt all on it’s own)
Only four ingredients, takes less then ten minutes total and you have a delicious meal for the whole family to enjoy.
Sidenote…please excuse the poor photos, these were taken from my phone as a last minute oh hey I should post about this huh. Well let me grab my phone then and snap to it.