Occasionally I have these moment where ideas just come to me and I go with it. They have been happening less and less frequently as of late but the other night (okay a few months ago…I forgot to hit the publish button) I had one. And may I just say oh my yum! I hadn’t been shopping for groceries in longer than I would like to admit. But I did have a reason. I was going to be traveling the following day and I hate wasting, either food or money. Soooo why buy groceries when they will just spoil.
Working folks….you know how it is when you come home from a busy/crazy/awesome day at work and cooking is the last thing on your mind. Add to that that I had an insane amount of things to do in preparation for my trip. Insert automatic reflect to look for an easy meal. This, as most of us know can be a bad idea.
Thankfully at that moment in time I didn’t have a slew of unhealthy items in my house, so whipping something healthy and light up was pretty simple. Here it is, I give you….Chicken Avocado Tacos.
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup chicken breast
- 1/2 sliced jalapeno
- 1/2-1 cup red cabbage sliced
- 1 tbsp diced onion
- Fresh lime juice
- Pinch of garlic salt
- Tortillas (I use La Tortilla Factory corn tortillas, they're a perfect mix of corn & wheat)
- Chop the cooked chicken breast up into bite sized pieces and put in a medium bowl
- Dice the avocado and onions and put into the bowl with the chicken
- Add a pinch of garlic salt and as much lime juice as you want, mix together
- Slice the cabbage to desired thickness
- Place a spoonful of the avocado mixture into a warm tortilla, top with jalapeno, cabbage and salsa
- Serve with black beans