There are two things that stick out higher then anything about the Samsung Galaxy SIII that I absolutely love. I have talked about them before but I think they are so fabulous I just have to talk about them again.
The navigation app. Why does this app make it above all the other apps? Simple. Safety first people. Do you know how dangerous it is to drive and look down at your phone for directions. Not only are you glancing away from the road but you are having to read directions, look at maps and try and figure out if you’re actually going the right way which means you’re not “just glancing” anymore. You are taking your focus off the road and on to your phone. I could talk about how dangerous this is until my face turns blue but some wont listen unless they have the unfortunate experience themselves of what can happen when they are no longer fully paying attention to driving. My suggestion? Use the navigation app with voice command and make sure you turn the volume up! If you have never used the navigation app don’t fret it is easy to access. Simply go into your google maps app. There are two ways to proceed from here.
1. Enter in your destination first, select driving and when your map comes up select the arrow/nav icon on the bottom right of your screen, a window will pop up asking you to complete the action with two options. Navigation or VZ Navigator, select navigation.
2. Next to maps on the top left select the pull down button and directly select navigation from there. With this option you can either speak in your destination or type it out. Again a window will pop up asking if you want navigation or vzw navigation. Now make sure in the menu option that you have the voice turned on or it will not speak your directions. One you have that all set up turn your volume all the way up and set your phone down. From here every thing is hands free and you are good and safe to go.
Now on to the second thing that stands out…speed. I never thought there would be a day when I had to worry about the speed of a phone or that it would even be that important to me. Welcome to the digital age now please take a number and wait your turn for your phone to access the internet, Facebook, Twitter, take a photo, etc etc.
Yeah not really what anyone wants to deal with right? The Samsung Galaxy SIII (don’t laugh) has lighting fast speeds. Not once have I had to wait around for a connection or for a page to “think”. Every time I have used this phone whatever application I was running has come up instantly. I also have not had any applications crash or suddenly freeze while in use. One thing to help keep your phone running smoothly, as well as to extend the battery life, is to make sure you close your applications when you are finished with them.
And there you have it. My top two favorite things about this phone. If you have a Samsung Galaxy SIII I would love to hear what your favorite things about this phone are!
Have you been wanting to set up your mobile hotspot but aren’t sure how? I am here to tell you it’s literally as easy as 1.2.3.
This set up example is for a Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII. The setup is similar on other Android based phones so you can use this as a starting point for other phones.
Select Mobile Hotspot & turn it to on
To connect your device to the mobile hotspot simple open your network preferences and connect to the wifi on your mobile device.
See, I told you. In three short steps you will have successfully turned on your mobile hotspot and you can begin using it on other devices. Now of course there are other options when setting it up but the steps above are the basics. If you want to customize your mobile hotspot, that is another easy process. I am the type that doesn’t like to dig really deep because I worry that I will eventually forget what I did and not remember how to change the settings back to their original state, and that I will completely screw everything up. Despite my fears I dove into the advanced settings and played around. And guess what? I didn’t mess anything up. I changed the password and added my device to be automatically recognized next time I turn it on and it works like a charm!
I hope these simple step by step instructions help you out if you’ve been putting off taking advantage of your mobile hotspot.
I am a Verizon Ambassador. I have been given a Samsung Galaxy SIII and three months of service in return I will provide my honest feedback.
This morning my husband asked me if I prefer using the Samsung over my iPhone and I couldn’t answer the question. There are many things I love about both phones but to choose one or the other I was stumped. So he changed his question to which do I prefer….the android operating system or the IOS of an iPhone.
That one was easy. I prefer the Android. Sure there are a few features that the iPhone has that the Samsung does not BUT the Samsung puts the iPhone to shame in how much more it offers. Here are just a few things I mentioned to him that I prefer.
- First and foremost is the back button. Something so simple yet very, very useful.
- Camera Megapixels. I know more is not always better but on a itty bitty phone I think it definitely helps take better quality photos.
- Speed. This one I have actually argued with my husband about on a few occasions. He didn’t believe me that the Android put the iPhone to shame in the speed of use. Especially while using apps such as Facebook and Twitter. I cannot tell you how many time my iPhone froze or took over two minutes just to load. I have never had either issue with an Android.
- Complete customization. I love playing around with the settings and making the phone my own, not just a standard everyone has this phone. There are so many different ways to customize your phone that I know I have barely scratched the surface.
Over time I am sure I will have changed my phone over at least ten times. The fun with that is being able to rediscover things and discover new things about the phone. So far though I am absolutely in love with the Samsung Galaxy SIII.
I recently embarked on part two of my Ambassadorship with Verizon Wireless and I am very excited about returning for another round with this amazing company. Not only do they have awesome phones but they are truly a great group of people to work with.
Last time I got to review a Droid Razr which I loved and my kids loved it as well. After using it for three months I was very comfortable with the phone and quite honestly I was a little sad that I wouldn’t be using it anymore. This round with Verizon I was sent a Samsung Galaxy III and my oh my is this phone sexy.
A few amazing features this phone offers are:
- 16/ 32GB User memory AND a microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- Android 4.0 operating system (the new Ice Cream Sandwich)
- The main camera features an 8 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with flash, zero shutter lag and BSI (backside illuminated sensor)
- The front camera features a 1.9 Mega pixel camera, HD recording, zero shutter lag and BSI as well.
- Lots of Google Apps come standard with the phone such as search, maps, gmail, latitude, google play, google play books, YouTube, google talk, google navigation (which is an AMAZING app) and many more.
- The ability to set your phone up as a mobile Hot Spot.
I am very excited to learn all about this phone and share my thoughts and opinions on the Samsung Galaxy III with you all!